Think ive gone MAD

CONURE1966

Thought I would share my addiction with you.

I am in the process of setting up 2 more tanks, This time they are 8x2x2, They are set up on top of each other. Top one will drain into bottom tank and bottom tank will drain into filter/sump.

They will house my Americans.

Top tank will house large and angry Americans ie: Green Terrors, Large Severums, Texas, Red Devil, Synspilums, Festae (Red Terror), Jack Dempsey, Chocolate cichlids, Brasilinsis, Salvinis

The bottom tank will house smaller and not so angry Americans ie: Fire mouths, Geophagus Topajos, Geophagus Brachybranco, Rainbows, Small Severums, Key Hole.

The tanks will both have large drift wood that I picked up from the beach and sand with fine gravel.

With the addition of these 2 tanks it will bring my total number of tanks to 34.

Photos of tanks in my photo album

*drools*

Hands up everyone who is happy to see more interest in the Americans lately...!!

Well done mate. You skipped Petenia splendida - no big American tank should be without them...lol

*drools*

Hands up everyone who is happy to see more interest in the Americans lately...!!

Well done mate. You skipped Petenia splendida - no big American tank should be without them...lol

Didnt forget just havent got yet, but on list to get in near future as well as Arowana

Good lad. :) I know where you can get some, so feel free to pm if you want to know. I have two breeding pairs, but I ain't parting with 'em. :p

One observation... Those "gentle giants", the Chocolates... Might they suit the quieter bottom tank?

And the question on the tips of everyone's (or maybe just my) lips: Where does the origin of all SA cichlid interest fit in? The OSCAR... LOL

Cheers!

Andrew.

*drools*

Didnt forget just havent got yet, but on list to get in near future as well as Arowana

Ill see how they go with a bit of aggression and they they arent happy they can drop down one level.

Ill post more photos as tanks progress

Thought I would share my addiction with you.

With the addition of these 2 tanks it will bring my total number of tanks to 34.

Who says you are mad? Must be non fish lovers methinks - Yep those people :shock:

I reckon that 34 tanks is a reasonable start to your collection :lol4:

Cya

Matthew

Archived