Identify fish

Jackos80

I am having second thoughts on the right name of these fish. I have taken them off this site as I was told they were gold spots now I am getting told different.

Guess the same things are going on with Geo's.

If any guys know please comment

IPB Image

I was told that they were three gold spots and one albino

Now the two large are gibbys and one gold spot and the albino.

Any one can tell as I am trying to research but most pics aren't the greatest

Are you able to get better pictures?

I'm fairly confident they are common plecos/sailfin pleco not goldspots. I havn't seen or heard of any albino goldspot plecos before and if you look closely at the body shape of the albino versus the two larger normal coloured the body shape is identical. Goldspots would have a slightly different body shape.

To throw a spanner into it; bloody hell the smallest one looks like a bristlenose! :lol4:

Clockwise from top left: 1 Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps AKA Gibbiceps or Sailfin Pleco, 2 Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus AKA Goldspot or Whitespot Gibbiceps/Sailfin Pleco and also L001, 3 Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps, 4 Albino Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/ptery...s_gibbiceps.php

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/ptery...selimaianus.php

Hope this helps :)

Thanks guys... Seems my supplier and I will need to talk.

Seems to be confirmed I haven't had much to do with plecos before so just wanted to make sure they are what I was going to sell them as.

So next big question is normal prices??

Sorry the albino is a normal albino gibby not a gold spot, should have re phrased my question a bit.

But thanks again all, would have hated to sell these as the wrong species.

Jack

Archived