Help needed to Identify Geophagus

fishmosy

Hey,

These fish were sold to me as Geophagus argyrostictus. When I posted pictures when trying to sell their offspring, photos identified as Geophagus sp. 'Rio Branco'. Mods won't let me advertise the offspring until there is a positive ID for the fish (Which is fair enough), so what do you guys think?

Geophagus argyrostictus OR sp. 'Rio Branco'?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As japes and me told you in the for sale post, that the fish in the pictures looks very much like Rio Branco, and we beleive it is, one good way for you to figure that out is if they ever show a black mark on either side of their heads on the "operculum" and the throat area sometimes goes black too.

Cheers Mark~

As japes and me told you in the for sale post, that the fish in the pictures looks very much like Rio Branco, and we beleive it is, one good way for you to figure that out is if they ever show a black mark on either side of their heads on the "operculum" and the throat area sometimes goes black too.

Cheers Mark~

Agreed with Geophagus sp. "Rio Branco". The second photo with the lateral spot with the 'blurred' extension is a dead giveaway.

Thanks guys for your input.

When I put the juveniles up for sale they will be identified as Geophagus sp. 'Rio Branco'.

still very nice fish,

is that a tapajo in one of the pics?

Thanks guys for your input.

When I put the juveniles up for sale they will be identified as Geophagus sp. 'Rio Branco'.

still very nice fish,

is that a tapajo in one of the pics?

Yeah I've got them in with a bunch of orange caps (which I think are tapajo) but thats a whole other can of worms ;)

Archived