Earth Eater fans

LEG-IT

just looking for earth eater fans out there and what they have,

i only recently got into geo's after i saw japes beautiful araguaia.

i currently as of now have 9x rio branco (4-5cm) reducing to 4 or 5 in future

4x araguaia (6-9cm)

4X neon tetras

and a colony of 7 bn's all around 7-11cm, ones about to breed

i'll take some pictures at night,

what should i put in a 5 foot earth eater tank

4x araguaia (6-9cm)

4X neon tetras

Chockers with what you've got now in a 5x2 if thats the future plan.

I'm a fan if you cant notice haha, but yeh i currently am keeping:

6x Geophagus Altifrons "Manaus"

8x Geophagus sp. "Orange Head Tapajos"

And 11x Satanoperca Leucosticta which are currently for sale.

They are housed in a 6x2.5x2.5

Cheers Mark~

hi mate

i am into eartheaters thanks to mcsx above, i bought 16 geo rio brankos off him a year or 2 ago and im hooked on earth eaters now.

they are in a 6x3x2 with a pair of green severums 20cm+ and 2 plecos 40cm.

i have had them breed more times than i can count and will continue to build my collection of SA's

since owning the geos i have sold all my african collection(rediculous amount) and have been looking at getting a 8x3x3 to make a amazon tank.

i think i may have converted a few of my mates from africans to SA's as well :)

cheers

pete.

Hi Guys,

Just getting into them myself.

I've just converted my 6x2x2 from Africans.

The tank will be ready in about six weeks or so. I'm after juveniles only.

It would have been nice to grab some 'Columbian/Venezuelan', but I haven't come across anyone selling any in Sydney (mind you I'd be happy to ship some).

Looks like I'll settle for some 'Tocantins' (or in a pinch, Rio Brancos). :lol1:

Anyone with any of the above ready to go soon (only looking for eight or so) give me a yell.

Cheers

4x araguaia (6-9cm)

4X neon tetras

Chockers with what you've got now in a 5x2 if thats the future plan.

chockers?

in my future tank, 5x2, its gonna only have 4 or 5 rio brancos, 4 araguaia,

and some rummy nose or cories,

the bn's will be in the 3 foot to breed them out,

the 5 foot will have around 30 or so fish, 4 or 5 rio brancos, 4 araguaia, 15 rummy nose and some cories

chockers?

in my future tank, 5x2, its gonna only have 4 or 5 rio brancos, 4 araguaia,

and some rummy nose or cories,

the bn's will be in the 3 foot to breed them out,

the 5 foot will have around 30 or so fish, 4 or 5 rio brancos, 4 araguaia, 15 rummy nose and some cories

Chockers with Cichlids, absolutely - with what you've got listed there with the Brancos and Orange Heads with the cut back numbers I think they'll do nicely. Just be cautious with introducing Corydoras with Eartheaters, as I've read a few people say they've had issues as they're quite easily out-competed for food.

I too have the bug. My latest tank is 4x2x2. Inhabitants are 2 x adult "Orange Head Tapajos" , 3 x juvenile Satanoperca leucosticta, 1 juvenile gold severum, 4 x blue rams, 7 x red phantom tetra, 3 x 2cm gobbies (no idea what type atm), 6 x boseman's rainbows, 6 x Corydoras sterbai, 3 x bristlenose, 1 x Platydoras costata, soon to be introduced 2 x Peckoltia pulcher and possibly a G. hecklii...............oh and 1 juvenile lionhead that snuck in when I transfered the fish!

I know this is overstocked if left as is with adults but the plan is to keep the best and move on some at a later date. The tank is a display/community near the TV.

I too have the bug. My latest tank is 4x2x2. Inhabitants are 2 x adult "Orange Head Tapajos" , 3 x juvenile Satanoperca leucosticta, 1 juvenile gold severum, 4 x blue rams, 7 x red phantom tetra, 3 x 2cm gobbies (no idea what type atm), 6 x boseman's rainbows, 6 x Corydoras sterbai, 3 x bristlenose, 1 x Platydoras costata, soon to be introduced 2 x Peckoltia pulcher and possibly a G. hecklii...............oh and 1 juvenile lionhead that snuck in when I transfered the fish!

I know this is overstocked if left as is with adults but the plan is to keep the best and move on some at a later date. The tank is a display/community near the TV.

i would want to get some leuco's but than were am i gonna put them,

what about plecos japes, will they go well?

My geos have a habit of eating their bn's food (algae wafers)

The Colombia/Venezuela seem to have gone somewhat missing on the east coast. Anyone keeping them or seen any about?

I have a mature pair of G. Abalios, I reckon that they are C/V from the descriptions in the Eartheaters Australia site.

They are in a 6x2x2 tank with my orange heads. No sign of any breeding in the last 12 months that I have had them although her egg tube came down when I first moved them in to that tank. I am going to move them to a smaller tank of their own, raise the temp, and vary their diet to try to get them going.

Suggestions on any other action that I could take would be welcome as I know that they are as rare as hen's teeth and I'd love get them breeding.

Cheers,

Pete

Archived