GEO tank

LEG-IT

hi guys new to forum,

i recently set up a new geo tank

consisting of 9 rio branco (4-5cm) reducing to 5,

4 neon tetras,

and not to mention my new 4x araguaia orange heads ( 6-9cm) for a bargain price of $80

10x bristlenose (all adults+ a longfin female :lol1:

i can thanks all this for happening to jackos80, great seller, very honest, straight forward, thanks for the extras

thanks jackos80

i was wondering if you guys had any tips on the geos and how to breed the bn's

i'll upload some pictures

cheers

Tank size?

Pretty obvious tip is that they need a fine sand substrate - other than that, small/crushed pellets (1-2mm pellets for large adults), although fish the size of yours will happily eat 0.5mm.

Provide driftwood as cover, but leave as much open substrate as you can.

Tank size?

Pretty obvious tip is that they need a fine sand substrate - other than that, small/crushed pellets (1-2mm pellets for large adults), although fish the size of yours will happily eat 0.5mm.

Provide driftwood as cover, but leave as much open substrate as you can.

its a 3foot, yes i know its small, but upgrading to 5 foot in 2-3 months,

i have 0.5-1mm sand form pool shop, think it was 20kg for $12.90,

i got some driftwood today from jack, very nice peice, i but 3 peices of driftwood at the back for cover and places for the bn's, than at the front there is a open space of sand with some smooth river stones,

than onthe side is a fantastic cave made by jack, and a rock with holes where the geos hide,

i currently feed them NLS, tetra colour, hikari algae wafers and some bigw flakes, what else should i buy them

and also @japes, do i need a air pump? and how did you put the seachem purigen in the 2217?

i have a slight problem, all the araguaia are settling quick, except the male araguaia,

hes at the bottom of the tank near a rock, theirs no sign of disease and its breathing normally,

plus colours are intense, is it just settling in?

i but a plack cloth on one side of the tank where he is

i'll get pictures at night, much better

Sounds like a good setup, looking forard to seeing the pics when you get them done. You pretty much have the food covered imo, I feed my tanks nls, a small amount of tetra flakes in the SA tank along with nls for the smaller fish and wafers at night for the cats.

Sounds like a good setup, looking forard to seeing the pics when you get them done. You pretty much have the food covered imo, I feed my tanks nls, a small amount of tetra flakes in the SA tank along with nls for the smaller fish and wafers at night for the cats.

woot, all of them are all settled in, male geo very intense orangehead at such a early size,

the 2nd largest developing the orange head and the rest are colouring up quick,

but why do they prefer tetramin better than the nls?

Archived