growth rates

escapin

gday all,

just wondering whats the sort of time frame you could except a fry or say 3cm to grow in to an adult of about 6-7 cms?

also what sort of life span would a fish have roughly

im talking electric yellows, various peacocks, things like that.

thanks

It all depends on alot of things. Water quality, size of tank, how many fish are in the tank, what species are being housed together, what your feeding them/how much they get fed, the species, parentage and the induvidual fish itself etc.

6 x 2 x 2, 8 ph, lime stone, coral sand base, 2500 litre an hour filter plus in tank power head filter. feed mid morning and arvos

about 7 larger 7+ cm yellows peacocks

smaller fish that im curious about

are yellows, various peacock species, mainigoes, frontosa all about 3 cm

• 2 weeks later...

6 x 2 x 2, 8 ph, lime stone, coral sand base, 2500 litre an hour filter plus in tank power head filter. feed mid morning and arvos

about 7 larger 7+ cm yellows peacocks

smaller fish that im curious about

are yellows, various peacock species, mainigoes, frontosa all about 3 cm

All seems fine, yellows grow up quite quickly though try and get some from all around (diffrent blood lines), also depends on what food they are feeding off, as some food tend to take longer.

Frontosas take quite a while to grow it could take you anywhere from 1-2year + for them to grow to full size.

Electric yellows i once had a mixed bloodline i had roughly 20 of them growing in one tank all bought at 2.5cm and within 6 months i had some at 6cm. mainganos take sort of the same amount.

not sure with peacock species.

The peacocks I have kept do take a long time to grow and even longer to get to full coloration. Definantly worth the wait with good quality specimans and very dissapointing after waiting such a long time to find out they are not great quality!

Adults of the fish you posted actually are at least 12cm except the frontosa which can grow to 35cm. It seems to take me about 12 months to grow a fish from 3cm to full adult size. Frontosas take about a year to get to 15cm and then around another 2 years to reach 25cm and then growth rates slow ALOT.

cool thanks for the replys,,

some of my peacocks a bought a decent sized adults whilst others are about 3-4 cm,

thats good about the fronny as i like smaller lol

and the yellows well im happy as they are looking good

food wise a mix of spectrum, white crane, tetra bits, and a protien pellet of some kind i was given.

i know people rag out on white crane but after a bit of reasearch and reading i cant see any dramas with it

Archived