Do Female peacocks colour?

Adam_J

i'm only new to tropical fish keeping , i've had my trio of yellow peacocks for about 5 months now , maybe longer..

when i got them from the lfs , i had one big male and what i thought were 2 females...

anyhowit's been a month or so since i used my lights on my fishtank due to the lounge room being bright enough..

anyhow , turned it on the other night... and what do i see... what i thought was my female... has turned yellow slightly with a touch of blue on the head , only a small amount... and spots on the anal fins..

cannot believe i may have 2 males...

any comments would be great...

Edited by Adam_J

Edit. Sorry mate computer posted it 3 times.

thanks for the quick reply champ...

oh well , looks like i'll have to sell it back to the fish shop... bugger , just when i thought it was getting close to laying lol

Have a look at this thread for an interesting discussion.

http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=46854

that was a great read thanks for that...

hope i dont end up with 3 males.... both smaller fish are getting picked on alot.... if thats the case , i may end up getting rid of the whole 3 and buying a known breeding pair of something else...

Have another look for an update.

Have a look at this thread for an interesting discussion.

http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=46854

that was a great read thanks for that...

hope i dont end up with 3 males.... both smaller fish are getting picked on alot.... if thats the case , i may end up getting rid of the whole 3 and buying a known breeding pair of something else...