Internal Filter

tropifish

Hi guys,

Need to get a new internal filter for my display tank (Previous Resun internal filter, the pump was toasted as the impeller got caught with filter wool !!!!)

It's a 240L tank, so I need something more reliable, been looking at the Eheim Aquaball Internal Filter 2212, any of you have experiences with this one? Or can suggest me something good?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Steve

As far as canister filters go its hard to beat the traditional eheims. They tend to need more frequent cleaning than the more modern varieties however I believe this is because the water does not by pass the filter medium as it becomes dirty. A little more work but worth it and oh yeah you pay for the eheim quality , having said that I have 2217s over 10 years young..........

I've heard that the aqua one internals seem to do ok, a few people i know have had em and they haven't had any problems with them, supposedly easy to do maintenance on too.

Cheers Mark~

The only issue i have ever had with the Aqua Ones 103 and 104 is that 30 - 50 % of the water flow that comes into the filter via the back vents go straight up through the impeller bypassing the sponge.

Ran one in a tank for 12 months and never needed cleaning until i checked it out more and placed a small sponge under the back vents ;)

Archived