"python" syphon

mathobes

Hey all,

these things called python syphons sound like they would make water changes much faster and easier. I understand how they work when using liquid conditioners, but what about salts? I use aquasonic rift lake cichlid salt conditioner but obviously don't add it directly to the tank (dissolve in bucket before adding to tank). Is it possible to use the python syphon and also use salts? The old heaving of buckets gets really old lol. Sorry if this has been asked alot before. Cheers

Hey all,

these things called python syphons sound like they would make water changes much faster and easier. I understand how they work when using liquid conditioners, but what about salts? I use aquasonic rift lake cichlid salt conditioner but obviously don't add it directly to the tank (dissolve in bucket before adding to tank). Is it possible to use the python syphon and also use salts? The old heaving of buckets gets really old lol. Sorry if this has been asked alot before. Cheers

Im not sure it would make any difference whether using a liquid or powder....Im also not sure how you would incorpartae buffers when using a python...I thought it worked when connected directly to a tap only (but I could be wrong)

As long as your careful (adding only enough for teh water youve removed) theres probably no reason not to add buffers etc directly to the tank...they all dissolve over time anyway

Mike

Archived