hI all ..some help with bristlenose thanks

LithoMan

Hi all

I have a standard 4ft tank running 2 filters I have about 4 males and about 10 females in tank

they are loving it

I have now a few logs with eggs and 2 that are at fry stage just about to sneak out past daddy. I have both common and albino in my mix but 90% albino.

now my question is cause so far whatever I have done these fish hit 1.5cm and die and so on........

do I take the log and the fry and release them in a fry saver and let them grow in fry saver in the tank....

or do I just let them do their own thing and let them out straight into 4 ft tank ?

Any help or suggestions will be great.

in one of the logs I can see half albino fry and half common fry can’t tell look or colors properly at this size.....is it a bad thing or is this what people call marble or calico bristlenose ?

Thank you all in advance

We transfer BN fry to a net and/or new tank as soon as they start to leave the breeding logs.

However if you've had trouble with that in the past, and there are no predators in the tank that would eat the fry you may like to try leaving them with their parents, it wont hurt - but will be fun to try to catch them later.

Marble/calico BN's are simply a colour variant of BN that have been bred for light/dark coloured stripes, botches or other combined patterns, they are not a cross between normal and albino BN's - that is not how genetics work. Crossing albino with normal BN can only give fry that is one or the other. Having said that, since Marble/calico are simply a colour variant, it is possible to get fry with those characteristics from any batch, but it's not a consequence of crossing normal and albino.

not long ago my trio had a big batch of babies

first lot died when they got to 1.5cm

this time i just let the fry go loose in my tank and i had minimal loss still looks around 80 still kicking around

my bns are crossed together one batch gives me all commons and my other pr gives me 50/50

i would suggest that when the fry is released past daddy give them some zuchinni or some sort of vegetable

this will give them a healthier diet straight up and more chance of surviving

Archived