THE DAY MY EARTH STOOD STILL

Adam_J

Talk about being in TOTAL shock,

i have a tank in the laundry , that i was using as a keeper tank while i changed other tanks around....

i had only 2 lots of fish in it... 3 x Clown loaches for a total of 3 weeks , and 6 x Rosy Barbs for a total of 1 hour...

remembering these fish were in it at different times.... after removing the last of the fish... i turned everything off... and it has been sitting still for 3 weeks now.

walked into the laundry 20 minutes ago and my mouth dropped... it's chocker block full of babies !!!

all about 3mm long ! i'm in total shock , stunned even. :lol4::lol4::lol4::lol4:

i have a tank in the laundry , that i was using as a keeper tank while i changed other tanks around....

i had only 2 lots of fish in it... 3 x Clown loaches for a total of 3 weeks , and 6 x Rosy Barbs for a total of 1 hour...

remembering these fish were in it at different times.... after removing the last of the fish... i turned everything off... and it has been sitting still for 3 weeks now.

walked into the laundry 20 minutes ago and my mouth dropped... it's chocker block full of babies !!!

all about 3mm long ! i'm in total shock , stunned even. :lol4::lol4::lol4::lol4:

Haha wouldve been a surprise. Bet the tanks turned back on now lol

Haha wouldve been a surprise. Bet the tanks turned back on now lol

G'day, HAHAHA those sexy Rosy Barbs :lol1:

I once had a divided 3foot tank with an end filter where the heater was positioned and a pipe ran through the divider to pump the filtered heated water to the far end. The heater jammed on and I walked into the garage to see steam in the cool air. The tank containe Julidochromis regani pair in the end section and Cyprochromis leptosoma breeders in the filter end which had fry, the pair of Julies were dead but the Cypo's were still alive. I removed the Cypro's to another tank and the dead Julie's from the other end. The tank was turned off and left as is; some weeks later I happened to notice something move as I walked past. I grabbed a torch and was amazed to see about 30 young Julie's swimming about. They must have been eggs when the disaster happened and hatched, surviving the cool temperature of the tank & feeding on who knows what, as I hadn't fed them. It was a miracle I think. :thumb

Archived