What catfish to go with cichlids

cooder

Hi guys,

Ive been thinking about putting some sort of catfish in my new tank thats going to have tangs in it.

I heard that catfish will eat the eggs of shellies.

i also have to take into consideration of water paremeters to so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

what catfish do you think would be good in a 4fter with shellies and julies?

Cooder

I've been getting opinions on what catfish can be used in an African tanks and basically it comes down to cuckoos (and any other small african catfish like S.Petricola that Phenomena suggested) and common bristlenose catfish.

I'm not sure how albino or longfin bristlenose go under African conditions?

So, no L-numbers :cryblow:

Cheers

Glenn

• 2 months later...

I am setting up a Tang tank in which I am planning to havewith Leleupi, Occelatus and Cyprichromis. I was also wondering about what catfish or other algae eaters I could have in this setup.

So if catfish are a problem with the shell-dwellers, then are there any other alternatives for keeping down the algae?

I am fattening up some Bristlenoses and thinking of something else. I like the idea of the Syndodontis petricola. The multipunctatus in theory will get in the way of any mouth brooder. Would love to here some experiences here as to what happens in aquariums.

Archived