SOS ALbino Bristlenose in trouble

chez

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Please HELP!

My albino bristlenose babies has what looks like whitespots on them. :cryblow:

Only the babies at the moment not the parents.

I am worried what do i do i have turned the heater up. And is Protizin ok for catfish?

Thanks any help would be much Appreciated.

Steve

First thing first read the label and use according to use for clown loaches.

Dont turn the heat up on Bn's anything over 28 will cause slime coat problems and will kill them. Take it from my experience. Also there is every chance you will lose the whole batch if it is white spot as bn's really have a hard time when they get white spot.

Bn's are one of the hardest fish to treat once disease attacks them. I have been breeding this guys for nearly 17 years and have had soem real bad experiences with them when diseases of any kind attack them.

Also being babies they are always going to be hard to treat. I recently lost 600 plus bn's in a white spot outbreak but fortunately never took out my breeders.

It is the constant hot cold changes through spring that causes these issues. Not too mention white spot is rampant at this time of year in our water supplies and chlorine WILL NOT kill the white spot spores.

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Please HELP!

My albino bristlenose babies has what looks like whitespots on them. :cryblow:

Only the babies at the moment not the parents.

I am worried what do i do i have turned the heater up. And is Protizin ok for catfish?

Thanks any help would be much Appreciated.

Steve

Protozin is fine - use a half dose as recommended on the bottle. Follow the instructions regarding dosage. It requires frequent dosing to effectively kill the parasite and prevent the fish getting it again. The issue with protozin is its price. How much do you value your bristlenose?

Thanks Everyone for the replies.......

I bought ichaway today... they ran out of protozin :cryblow:

Price is not the issue but my fishes health is........

Hope it works i have used half the dosage at mentioned on the bottle...

Archived