electric yellow

juzzo_5913

just like i posted in my last one when the yellows were dyeing off, all 6 of my yellows have died and every other fish is fine just wondering if anyone has any ideas read the last post i posted about the yellows and it will explain what has been happening

just like i posted in my last one when the yellows were dyeing off, all 6 of my yellows have died and every other fish is fine just wondering if anyone has any ideas read the last post i posted about the yellows and it will explain what has been happening

Try a few more yellows but this time get them from a different breeder, it's rare but sometimes a problem in the bloodlines that cause young fish to die for unkown reasons. Just a thought.

Electric Yellows seem to be prone to 'wasting'. Very little is known about this but it results in the fish starving to death. Some symptoms include a sucken belly and they dont swallow food, they bite it and spit it out. Did the yellows sound like they had this?

One thing I noticed in your other thread is you said ph was sweet and ammonia levels were low. Two things bother me with that comment. The first being it sounds like you didn't actually test the water as it makes no sense you wouldn't post the results. Second in a properly cycled tank ammonia should be zero. :shock: The fact there is ammonia suggests something is wrong in the tank.

well it was a week from when i tested it so i couldnt remember the exact levels but i knew they were good and i had to write that reply quick. the ph was 7.8 as it has been everytime i have tested it from a water change, and using cycle weekly has kept the ammonia level low or zero, i dont think it was the water conditions all the other fish are still alive only the yellows,

all the fish were eating the foods (well from what it looked like) they were eating the blood worms and the tetra colour tropical granules, the last yellow i took out (yesterday) was very strange as its mouth was wide open. so if u think any thing is wrong with that maybe u can solve my problem lol

well it was a week from when i tested it so i couldnt remember the exact levels but i knew they were good and i had to write that reply quick. the ph was 7.8 as it has been everytime i have tested it from a water change, and using cycle weekly has kept the ammonia level low or zero, i dont think it was the water conditions all the other fish are still alive only the yellows,

all the fish were eating the foods (well from what it looked like) they were eating the blood worms and the tetra colour tropical granules, the last yellow i took out (yesterday) was very strange as its mouth was wide open. so if u think any thing is wrong with that maybe u can solve my problem lol

a ph of 7.8 is a little low, while I don't think this would be the problem it certainly isn't sweet. I would say a change of diet would be a great start. So that's no more blood worms and change the tetra granules to a different type, plenty out there to cater to every budget. Do you have Americans in with the Africans? With the open mouth it just means they surpised when they died. Lol.

and using cycle weekly has kept the ammonia level low or zero, i dont think it was the water conditions all the other fish are still alive only the yellows,

Ammonia levels only just need to be detectable to kill a fish. The fact you need to continue adding cycle to the tank makes no sense to me. All it contains from my knowledge is culture bacteria that can kick start the cycle process in the tank. Adding it weekly suggests to me that whatever filter you are using is no where near adequete enough. What is your filtration like?

Sorry for all the questions but it is the only way to attempt to find out what caused their death.

That's fine about the questions well I use cycle for the bacterial benifit and as it keeps ur tank healthy that's why I use it and it recomends to do it as a weekly maintenance, I feed the blood worms ever 2 days or so, no Americans in the tank at all, as my tank is about 200L I use an ehiem 2215 which is a bigger filter then what is needed, I tested the ph today and the result is 8.3 and the ammonia results were 0 as I did a water change 3 days ago so I really can see it being te water as all my other fish are more then happy and healthy swimming around

That's fine about the questions well I use cycle for the bacterial benifit and as it keeps ur tank healthy that's why I use it and it recomends to do it as a weekly maintenance, I feed the blood worms ever 2 days or so, no Americans in the tank at all, as my tank is about 200L I use an ehiem 2215 which is a bigger filter then what is needed, I tested the ph today and the result is 8.3 and the ammonia results were 0 as I did a water change 3 days ago so I really can see it being te water as all my other fish are more then happy and healthy swimming around

well yer thats what i was thinking it doesnt really matter anymore im kinda over the problem i just want to get better at it but i was hoping someone would know so it could help me learn never mind aye, any ideas for my next fish lol i want some peacocks im thinking, i will head to st george aquariums in the next month and see what they have

Archived