6ft set up

choppy2925

Hi,

I have been a member on the forum for a while, but right after i joined i moved and had to sell my fish, so therefore never posted. I now am back at it - thankfully.

I want to set up a tanganyika 6ft tank. I previously had calvus and gold compressiceps, i would like these again but also want to add tropheus. Can it be done, or am i best going with only one.

Before i get to into the purchase what are the filter types people recommend - is a fx5 what it is said to be. I only want to go for a canister filter.

thanks in advance

The first problem with mixing these fish is that the tropheus will require a vegie diet to survive, while the calvus and compressiceps will require a little more protein in their diet to condition them properly, however in saying this I have had success with these fish exclusively on sera flora flakes- so It can be done.

As with the FX5 they are a great simple filter that I personally would highly recommend. I have several and they easily outperform the other eheim pro3’s that I operate. I hope this helps 

Hi Shouldnt be a problem putting all in your tank.

Providing there is enough hiding space.

If your getting them small, ie: fry or sub adults would be better.

Just feed them on the popular foods but has to be good products and they will do well.

With your filter. Go with a good canister that is in your budget. You might need to being a 6ft tank.

cheers

Hi Shouldnt be a problem putting all in your tank.

Providing there is enough hiding space.

If your getting them small, ie: fry or sub adults would be better.

Just feed them on the popular foods but has to be good products and they will do well.

With your filter. Go with a good canister that is in your budget. You might need to being a 6ft tank.

cheers

A bit off topic, but what do other people have for a mix of fish in their 4 to 6ft tanks? I'm trying to decide on what I should put in mine (arrived today). I'm mainly interested in Africans.

hi, i had a colony of 10 firefin comps breeding in with my colony of tropheus no dramas... i fed them all on NLS and OSI spirulina flakes and thrived .....

cheers

Peter

Thanks

Its great to hear it has been done successfully before. I will then get all the fish i like.

What would be the best rock product - for breeding, i will be going with crushed coral substrate, but is there a good rock product that allows a natural buffer with thecoral.

thanks

You can buy dead corral that works well as well as texas holley rock but its pretty expensive 14-20 Kg i find dead coral alot cheaper but you have to watch out for sharp surfaces. i use coral in all my tanks i also find it looks alot nicer

probably best aquariums to go for the coral around our area would be kims aquatic world, auburn aquarium and st george aquarium

Archived