electric yellow

juzzo_5913

I completed a water change their last week on thursday and on saturday one of my small yellows had died (but this one was being picked on) and today a big one had died my tank has had these fish for about two months, im going to do a 20 percent waterchange tonight when i get home should i be worried or is this just one of them things??

my other fish in the tank include pair of Lamprologus ocellatus "Gold", 4 lion heads,4 electric yellows (now), 2 electric blues, 2 frontosas a morry and a gold spot Plecostomus, they are all small, there the only 2 fish that have died in my tank.

anyfeed back or help would be very helpfull.

I completed a water change their last week on thursday and on saturday one of my small yellows had died (but this one was being picked on) and today a big one had died my tank has had these fish for about two months, im going to do a 20 percent waterchange tonight when i get home should i be worried or is this just one of them things??

my other fish in the tank include pair of Lamprologus ocellatus "Gold", 4 lion heads,4 electric yellows (now), 2 electric blues, 2 frontosas a morry and a gold spot Plecostomus, they are all small, there the only 2 fish that have died in my tank.

How are the other fish are they still swimming and healthy? The second question is what percentage was the water change?

How are the other fish are they still swimming and healthy? The second question is what percentage was the water change?

yer sorry the percentage was about 20-25 percent, and yer the other fish seem fine there is no change in the way they swim around.

yer sorry the percentage was about 20-25 percent, and yer the other fish seem fine there is no change in the way they swim around.

I think you are just going to have to watch them for any possible illness, would you have a pic of the fish? From what you have said one would guess the death resulted from fighting as per the first yellow.

i thank you for your advise, that could be one of the reasons why, but only the small yellow was attacked the big one just seemed to have died?? they look really healthy and yer, im thinking it could just be one of them things (well im hoping so lol) i will do the water change tonight and i will see if there is anything different

G'day

What are your water quality values?

pH?

Hardness?

ammonia?

nitrite?

Temperature?

Sydney's water supply has become quite soft over recent years? This may be the reason?

Do you have plenty of hidey holes?

Were the fish damaged in any external way?

cya

Matthew

sorry, all the water quality was perfect when i did the change ph was sweet and the ammonia levels were low, two more yellows had died when i got home today, sorry for the late reply, its only the yellows that are dying and i dont understand, a friend of mine reckons the lion heads are bullying them as they are bigger then them, and they might go into the area, all the other fish are fine i dont understand what could be wrong and its only the yellows i couldnt be doing anything wrong could i???

Archived