Tanks & Piping Setup

JPM1976

Hi just wondering if anyone knows where to buy some tanks cheap.I need these with bulkheads for piping to the sumps.Looking at 2x6 foot sumps.12 of 4foot x18Wx16H tanks

2 with glass divider for fry.Also 9 of 4footx20Wx16H tanks with 5 divided.

Also if anyone know or can do piping from tanks to sumps etc for breeding setup.Will provide lunch ,money etc

Thanks

Jason

Hi just wondering if anyone knows where to buy some tanks cheap.I need these with bulkheads for piping to the sumps.Looking at 2x6 foot sumps.12 of 4foot x18Wx16H tanks

2 with glass divider for fry.Also 9 of 4footx20Wx16H tanks with 5 divided.

Also if anyone know or can do piping from tanks to sumps etc for breeding setup.Will provide lunch ,money etc

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason

Im pretty much coming to the end of the process that your just starting.

My advice to you is to write down exactly what you want...how many holes drilled where and what sizes...what sort of lids you want...etc etc...and go and visit or call the various shops around Syndey...you will be amazed at the price difference. Make sure you get a TOTAL price (ie includes holes, lids) etc...as some places had cheap tanks but would charge $30+ for each hole, other places had more expensive tanks but charged $10 per hole.... one place I called the hole was almost the same price as the tank :)

The plumbing is the easy part and doesnt take all that much time...again make sure you shop around...I used a place called wetearth for my plumbing...very cheap.

Theres plenty of DIY sites on the net or if you can, go and visit someone with tanks and sumps and take pictures...that really helped me

Mike

I've already insulated the garage.Bought wood, foam for under the tank.Just need the setup going with tanks piping now etc.Looking for someone to come and do the piping to the sumps and tanks etc.I've not long had a back op and can't do it myself is all. :)

Thanks

Archived