Micro Worm colony

intern1

Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to start there own micro worm colony.

I have read that you can use yeast and cereal not sure how to do it though.

Plus has anyone used them to feed fry or any of there cichlids

Hi

Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to start there own micro worm colony.

I have read that you can use yeast and cereal not sure how to do it though.

Plus has anyone used them to feed fry or any of there cichlids

They are very easy, about 2cm of oats in a take away container pour over just enough boiling water to make them soggy, let it cool then just drop in some micro worms (about the size of a 5c piece) and give it a few days. Before you know it the colony will explode into millions of worms crawling up the wall just waiting to be eaten. I feed them to all new fry.

Hi guys,

I am also interested in micro worms and I have read your reply but I still have a question. What if I dont have some micro worms to put on the oats. Where do they come from in the first place???

Sorry if this is a stupid question but every where I look they all say the same thing " add a small amount of micro worms to the oats"

Hi guys,

I am also interested in micro worms and I have read your reply but I still have a question. What if I dont have some micro worms to put on the oats. Where do they come from in the first place???

Sorry if this is a stupid question but every where I look they all say the same thing " add a small amount of micro worms to the oats"

Hi, Almost any Aquarium shop (who breed their own fish, which in most cases is the majority) keep them and they will probably give you some if you were to ask- otherwise they would definately be able to point you in direction to someone locally. I hope this helps :)

Archived