How to remove excess medication

eTwee

Hi guys

Iv overdosed on my meds and my tank water is green and everything in the tank is now stained green. my statues, once white, are now green.

cant get the water to be clear anymore. even the gravel is greenish.

the water itself is clean cept now the excess meds on the ornaments

any ideas?

The water is the easy bit. Water changes, carbon and a product called Easylife will clear the water up for you. As for the substrate and the ornaments, I still have a rock that is blue from over dosing some 10+ years ago. I think you will find they will be that colour for life now.

Sorry

Ahh ok

should i buy a big bag of carbon and put it in a onion sac? its a 9ft tank. how much carbon would i need and how long will it last?

also where do u buy this easylife product?

does your rock still leech med colour?

thanks ben

Pretty sure you can pick it up from Age of Aquariums or if you have a good LFS, from memory it's around the $29 mark for 1 Liter, think you can get it in 5 Liters too, but you prob looking at $100+.

I've heard Easy life improves plant growth as well, is this true?

Try your LFS for Easylife if not Tank (new sponsor) sells it and is willing the freight.. You could try Geo Liquid as I think it is meant to remove the stain from water also.

I don't have the rock any more, Andy has it. :lol2: No it does not leach colour into the water, well not that we have ever noticed.

I have heard that Easylife is ment to help everything. Even hole in the head. Meant to increase fry growth etc also.

Archived