Blue Male

IPB Image

Yellow Male with female

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for looking

Shell :)

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, they have both been breeding for a few years.

I used to think that cichlids were pretty boring when I started keeping fish the first time around but now that I've started again I talked to people that actually knew something about cichlids and they opened my eyes to the colors and variety. Ever since I joined this forum I've seen some awesome pics and types of fish and find it hard to believe I considered them boring!

Tx for sharing the pics, yet another great looking variety thats new for me.

Thanks for the kind words priscacara and killiguy.

I'd love to see pictures of him with the yellow tail if you can get some killiguy :) Thanks for sharing!

Touch wood... we havn't had any problems with wasting to this point, about 4 or so years ago we a couple of mystery losses among the Mabilibili but nothing since then.

With more questions, what sort of tank space are these guys in?

Fire away :lol2:

The Kitumba (2M, 9FM) share a 6x2x2 with a colony of furcifer, I have a trio of Mabilibili in a 5x18x18 with macrops, spilopterus and oddbods and another colony of Mabilibili (3M, 7FM?) in a standard 6ft with macrops and flavipinnis.

They need alot of space Mike because they do scrap alot , are very particular about water quality and stability and look and do best in big schools.I dont think they will do will in your 10L jobs

The biggest problem with these beauties is they are seriously expensive. I only obtained mine because I swapped them for killifish(I think I got off rather well :thumbup: )

I don't think they could even turn around in a 10l! They'd be longer than it is wide :) My 4fts would be better, but still.

Yeah, I've seen the prices for juvvies on here and elsewhere, including some of shell's, they're high class fish. Nice going with the killi swap! ;)

Archived