sicko pleco...

sexisubeegal

Hi guys,

Im just curious whether big cats can cause extreme harm to each other.

I have various big cats in my 7ft, but in the past ive noticed the 31cm Gibby has chased the same sized Pleco around and around. Now today i noticed my Pleco's head extremely red, blood shot eyes, bleeding around the gills. He's definately on his way out, not much movement in him now.

So can they cause extreme harm to each other, could the Gibby have done this?

Anna

not generally. They dont really have the tools to inflict serious harm to one another. It is possible through prolonged combat though I guess. Considering equal size I would consider it very very unlikely. Especially in such a large tank. Gibbies are very well armored and really only have their fin spikes for weapons. I would think it something else entirely. Some sort of sickness. If it were some sort of chemical contamination the other gibby should show signs also. Usually with big plecs you will see significant external damage from fighting or beatings. I would suspect sickness/disease/contamination, or another fish with the ability to do such a thing.

Can you get a picture

Jason

Hi Jason,

He's still alive today, but there's not much movement, i dropped some wafers around him and he moved over and there's one under his mouth like you can see in the pic, i also noticed tonight he has a bloody sore on his tail and his head has gone very pale. I also took him out of the 7ft tank and put him in a 3ft that just has some peppermints in it, he currently getting some Pimafix because it's all i had. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Anna

IPB Image

Archived