Neolamp Brevis

intern1

What size do neolamp brevis start pairing up and present breeding behaviour? I have read that they are one of the only shell dwellers were the male and female sometimes use different shells and seperate.

fem 2 cm male 3cm, Bevis I think are teh only species were teh male and female share the same shell, mine have never ventured apart, once they pair...infact they go out of their way to remove all otehr shells from their area!

I've been raising some brevis fry for a few months now. My first lot actually.

I watch them a lot and I first noticed pair bonding when the only male I have left from the spawn was about 3 cms. The girl he chose would of only been nudging 2cms I'd guess.

Most of the fry went to a forummer from here but I kept 5. I'm sure I have 1 male and 4 females and there is a definite pair out of that. The other three are like pariahs!!

Pity they are bro and sis. I'll have to think about splitting them up soon I guess.

Last night i came back from work and noticed two of the brevis are living in the same shell and the larger one isnt letting the smaller one out so i think i may have got myself a pair here. Havent really seen any breeding behaviour but hope i will soon.

• 2 weeks later...

mine still havent paired up, maybe i was unlucky and got all males. Did you vent your fish

Nuh, I wouldn't have a clue how to. I just watched their behaviour and as you have now seen noticed the pair behaviour. Inseperable, same shell, fierce defense of the shell.

Archived