Neolamprologus Sexfasciatus

ChrisNorris

Hi guys :raisehand:

Ive been desperately trying to get my hands on some Rubin Red Peacock to no avail, so im considering purchasing some Neolamprologus Sexfasciatus. Does anyone have any advice on keeping these cichlids? should i keep them in a colony or as a single pair? My tank is about 100L.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Hi guys :raisehand:

Ive been desperately trying to get my hands on some Rubin Red Peacock to no avail, so im considering purchasing some Neolamprologus Sexfasciatus. Does anyone have any advice on keeping these cichlids? should i keep them in a colony or as a single pair? My tank is about 100L.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks a lot,

Chris

hi chris,

i think in a tank that size a single pair would be all that you could have. they are pretty aggressive towards each other. males and females included. best thing would be to buy about 6 find a pair and sell the others.

No a 100L tank is not big enough even for just a pair.

I have a pair,in a 3x2x18 tank he beats her up, in teh 8 footer comunity tank she has enough room to escape and when she is ready they spawn. I find they are a fish that needs their space. Some people have had luck with a pair in teh same tank, but mine wont play that way.

I would get atleast 6, more is better and see how they go, they pair up when he is about6-8cm, she 6-7cm, after that he will continue to grow much quicker, to 15cm+ she will get to about 12cm.

Good luck they are awsome fish

IPB Image

Archived