Apistogramma group

killiguy

Hi all

Im new to this forum although not to fish.I have spawned over 150 species and currently run 55 soon to be 90 tanks.I tend to breed somewhat obscure fish,killis,wild bettas odd Aussie and NG natives and cichlids esp Tanganykans and Apistogrammas

I have spawned 5 or 6 species of Apistos but have been frustrated by the poor quality of the fish,often producing deformed fry.I assume there is a group out there that has an interest in these fish.Currently I only have Trifasciata,agassizii and borellii but am keen to get others,bye or swap.My full species list is below:

Killifish list

N Korthausae Red/Yellow

N Guentheri TAN 97/2

N Guentheri blue

N Rachovii Aquarium strain

N Eggersi Kigongo TAN 05/43

N Orthonotus Nhangu MT 03-4

N Palmqvisti

C Constanciae

N Whitei Barra de Sao Joao

N Whitei Albino

Native/New Guinea list

Ps Gertrudae Wenlock Ck

Ps Mellis

Ps furcatus

Ps ivantsoffi

M.kamaka

M Mccullochi Eubenangee swamp (red finned)

M Boesmani

M Trifasciata Myka Ck

G Wannamensis

G Incisus

G maculosus

R Ornatus Teewah creek

I Werneri Wenlock Ck

Desert goby Lake Eyre

Tateuredina ocellicauda

Bettas

B Patoti

B Coccina

B Smaragdina

B Foerschi

B Falx

B Rutilans

Cichlids

Neolamprologus leleupi

Psuesocrenilabrus multicolour

Cyprichromis leptosoma Mpulungu

Altolamprologus calvus—black

Apistogramma trifasciata

A borellii Opal

A Agassizii Double red

Thats a huge list, very impressive! I havent tried breeding any though so not much help to you. I've considered trying a few types on the list but at the time I only had community tanks and now I have a lack of room. Good luck with your endeavours!

very impressive list....

Not sure if you heard of Th0mas. He is a prominent Apisto breeder in Sydney and have many varieties but he have put on hold his breeding at the moment. Do a search on ACE and you should find some of his breeding projects/species.

I've acquired a pair of Candidi a month back but don't have the right condition for them at the moment to produce any fry.

Cheers

I will do that and I have not heard of Thomas(geelong is an aquarium backwater).How did you come by the candidi??I didnt think it was in the country.I would be interested in some fry you get some.Being a killi nut Im well versed at sending and recieving fish in the mail.Small cichlids travel very well.

I will do that and I have not heard of Thomas(geelong is an aquarium backwater).How did you come by the candidi??I didnt think it was in the country.I would be interested in some fry you get some.Being a killi nut Im well versed at sending and recieving fish in the mail.Small cichlids travel very well.

There's quite a few rarer species floating about just have to find it like everything else in this hobby.

Cheers

Killiguy knows all about tracking down rarer species, those that have survived generations in that half empty tank down the back of the fishroom, while everyone else has lost them. He's to be commended for his support of the killi hobby in Australia.

. . . and he can pay me later ;)

Thanks for that Mike.Looks like III have to dredge around for cichlids now.I would be good to get a dwarf cichlid group together so that the rarer ones esp Nanochromis,Taeniacara and the like are not lost

I dredged up some Geophagus Rio tapajos red cap in a fish room,Im working on that one,its a stunning fish Ive wanted for ages and didnt think it was in Australia,and Nanochromis transvestitus in another.I have to wait patiently for fry :cryblow:

Lovely fish looks a bit like crenicara filamentosa and likes similar conditions I believe

Ive just picked up some A.Mcmasteri not rare I know but a lovely Apisto.The last time I had it they were sterile and they died out .I hope these are better.

When I purchse the pair I was tempted to buy a pair of checkerboard as well in the next tank. Those bugger are huge compare to the candidi but not as nice of cause.

I had a trio of Mcmasteri but unfortunately they passed away in my big tank. If you ever need more Mcmasteri give Th0mas a pm.

Cheers

Archived