Fish Food

Rod54

I didn't get a chance to add this to a previous post....

but what about these ingredients,, :lol4:

Fishmeat meal,plankton,oat flour,soy flour,shrimp meal,fish liver,squid,fish roe,yeast,aquatic plants,agar-agar,chlorophyll,crab meat,lobster meat

Sounds pretty good for carnivores!

It's the ingredients for Pet Life flakes made in Taiwan and sold in Woolworths/Coles!!!

Not suggesting it's any good....but???? :dntknw:

I didn't get a chance to add this to a previous post....

but what about these ingredients,, :lol4:

Fishmeat meal,plankton,oat flour,soy flour,shrimp meal,fish liver,squid,fish roe,yeast,aquatic plants,agar-agar,chlorophyll,crab meat,lobster meat

Sounds pretty good for carnivores!

It's the ingredients for Pet Life flakes made in Taiwan and sold in Woolworths/Coles!!!

Not suggesting it's any good....but???? :dntknw:

ash

moisture

fibre

These are also important factors. protein is not the be all and and all..and the corect types of protein, ie fish stuff, or plant stuff, also the addition of vitamins is important, and can increase teh cost considerably, vitamin C is just ascorbic acid, sounds great " with added vitamin C" woopdy da lol, might help a bit but it is in there as a preservative, with a postive spin....

also things like lobster meat sound flash, tehy should describe it as mixted shell fish offle, I doubt there is more than trace amounts of $50/kg lobster meat in there! Usually (soposed to be ) an ingresients list is listed in order of highest % in the product, so in this case fish meal is first, or in the greatest amount.

vitamin C is just ascorbic acid, sounds great " with added vitamin C" woopdy da lol, might help a bit but it is in there as a preservative, with a postive spin....

Vitamin C is seldom used in fish food as a preservative, it's main role is one of supplying essential nutrients to your fish as the vast majority of fish aren't capable of biosynthesizing this nutrient, hence it must be supplied via the diet. Some in-depth reading on the subject;

http://www.dsm.com/en_US/downloads/dnp/51644_VitaminC.pdf

HTH

Archived