Question about tumbling eggs/fry...

KIMO

Hello all,

At what stage would you remove fry from an egg tumbler??

My little guys are being gently tumbled at the moment and are fully formed and almost free swimming. They still have a bit of their egg sack intact, but it won't be long before that's gone.

Also, what do you guys feed your fry???....i've heard of brine shrimp being ok aswell as NLS grow formula.

Thanks in advance.. :thumb

Congrats on the fry KIMO. What fry do you have?

I usually wait till all their egg sack has been absorbed then I move them into a fry saver.

Food really depends on the size of your fry. Newly hatched BS is a very good food as is micro worms. NLS Grow is also good once they are big enough to take it or you can crush it down further if required.

Good luck with them.

HTH

Hello all,

At what stage would you remove fry from an egg tumbler??

My little guys are being gently tumbled at the moment and are fully formed and almost free swimming. They still have a bit of their egg sack intact, but it won't be long before that's gone.

Also, what do you guys feed your fry???....i've heard of brine shrimp being ok aswell as NLS grow formula.

Thanks in advance.. :thumb

Pretty much the same as what Sloany wrote.

I move them from the tumbler depending on size/space left in the tumbler you may want to move them into a fry saver.

I feed them when the egg sack is has depleted. I hatch some brine shrimp and powder some flake or dry food - small pinch goes along way.

Archived