OMG !

Guest Panga

Guest Panga

I was just taking pics of my lionhead setup to help Menphis Tank with his lionheads.

I was taking a pic of the spawning site and it wasnt till i took the pic and got it on my pc that i noticed all the fry laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

After closer inspection i would say atleast 25 fry inside the cave biggrin.gif

Here is the pic anyways :

user posted image

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Guest Panga

Thx Anita , Sarah & Memphis Tank.

is that an oil incense burner pot i see in your tank

Sure is Sarah. Ive used them for years. Nice cheap caves you can buy for $1 at Clints and other bargain shops. I normally pinch the fry on day 9 or 10 but im leaving these ones in to see how they go since i dont know how old they are. Both female and male wont let any fish near there spawning site so hopefully they wont get eaten.

so that secures me at least another bloodline then. hahaha

I have many lionheads here if you need any. Both breeding pairs i have are different blood. The male is different to the female in both pairs and none are the same blood as i bought them from many different sources. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers Troy

Guest Panga

I am after a nice breeding pair for my cyp tank

Andy

Im sure we can work out a way of getting a pair to sooty so he can send them up with other fish that you got sitting there.

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Panga,

Just got a couple of questions for you in regards to Lionheads...

1) What is the smallest size tank that you would say is suitable for them to breed in?

2) What is the best ratios to have i.e 1m/3f, etc

Thanks for your time.

Shaun

Guest Panga

Shaun,

1) I have a breeding pair in a 2 footer with a colony of maleri golds and they breed on a very regular basis there.

I also have another pair in 4 footer with my electric blue colony and thats where the pic above was taken from.

2) I have been told that you can keep them in a colony 1m&3F but i have had no success that way and thats why i only have pairs 1m&1f. But thats only my experience and others could say different. blush.gif

Thx Michael

They are under 1cm atm.... But i do have 2 other batches that are from 1cm - 2cm biggrin.gif

Cheers Troy

Guest Smasha

More little grumpys I cant get enough of these fish biggrin.gif

If no1 wants these fish i'll take them all and set up a community of Grumpys biggrin.gif

Cool Panga , you better gimme a price for an adult pair then mate smile.gif

(Delivered to Sooty's of coarse) wink.gif and i'm sure you'll post a pic up with the price blink.gif Not that you need too , i just know yer tryna beat me in the most posted pic comp !!! ( even if there is'nt one LOL.gif ) ..

thanx dude lemmmmmmmeeeee know ..

Andy.. smile.gif

Guest Panga

i'm sure you'll post a pic up with the price  blink.gif  Not that you need too , i just know yer tryna beat me in the most posted pic comp !!! ( even if there is'nt one LOL.gif ) ..

ROFL laugh.gif

You'll prolly win that one mateeee

im slowly running outta fish to take pics off laugh.gif

Cheers Troy

Ps. I sent you a PM Andy biggrin.gif

I've managed to spawn them little buggers as well.Both parents were raising the fries themselves and I left them to be alone. But now the male is beating the crap outta the female, anyone had similar experiences?

I didn't expect that this would happen to lionheads !! sadsmiley02.gif

Guest Panga

Hi Real Cichlid,

Congrats on getting these guyz to spawn.. biggrin.gif

I havent had anything like that yet but i have never left the fry there with the parents before ... Maybe the male could have the grumps with the female as she is spending more time looking after the fry and not giving him any attention blink.gif

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Archived