Natives info please

dave air

:thumb Just interested to see anyone who has experience with some of our Aussie native fish in aquarium set ups.

In particular i'm looking at Jungle Perch, And Grunters(coal, butlers and striped)

Are these fish able to be kept in a community together ?

Are these fish able to be housed with other fish eg American cichlids in a community setting?

Where is the best place to find info and where is the best place to buy these fish?

Thanks in advance

Dave :thumb

:thumb Just interested to see anyone who has experience with some of our Aussie native fish in aquarium set ups.

In particular i'm looking at Jungle Perch, And Grunters(coal, butlers and striped)

Are these fish able to be kept in a community together ?

Are these fish able to be housed with other fish eg American cichlids in a community setting?

Where is the best place to find info and where is the best place to buy these fish?

Thanks in advance

Dave :thumb

Go here Dave and click the Forum link

These people know all there is to know about natives

http://www.angfa.org.au/intro.html

Mike :)

Hi Dave,

I have kept a Coal Grunter (my fave Grunter) in the past with Shark Catfish - no problems.

I'd imagine though that having more than one Grunter of any type in a tank could result in high aggression - I know of someone who has tried keeping 4 Sooty's in a 6x2x18 and ended up with only one...I imagine the same would happen with American Cichlids.

I've never kept Jungle Perch before so can't comment on these beauties.

Good to see that there are still people out there who love our natives! :thumbup:

Andrew

Archived