Synodontis

Sluggo

For those who are interested in Synodontis etc, I was up at Reef Aquariums in Hornsby today and saw their new arrivals.

They now have Synodontis nyassae, Ilebrevis, Petricola, ocellifer and multipunctatus going very cheap.

Also Agamyxis Pectinifrons.

Mike also has Platydoras Costatus, about 6cm, for $24.95.

Please excuse any spelling boo boos.

Cheers,

Peter

I didnt realise that Synodontis ilebrevis was actually recongnised yet, might have to pop by and have a peek.

Thanks for the heads up.

:thumbup: Thanks Sluggo, can you remember how much$/length/quantity the Agamyxis pectinifrons are?

Also i googled S. ilebrevis :( but came up with zip,, any links to the picture of this cat that you know of?

cheers brenden.

:thumbup: Thanks Sluggo, can you remember how much$/length/quantity the Agamyxis pectinifrons are?

Also i googled S. ilebrevis :( but came up with zip,, any links to the picture of this cat that you know of?

cheers brenden.

Hi Brenden,

Suggest you call Anthony or Mike at Reef (94765675), Anthony is there today and he will be able to give you all the info,

Cheers,

Pete

I didnt realise that Synodontis ilebrevis was actually recongnised yet, might have to pop by and have a peek.

What makes you say this? I'm not too cluey on synodontis but popped up to Reef today and noticed the petricola and ilebrevis are very similar, only the ilebrevis were a little darker in colour. Are they a strain which originally derive from petricola perhaps? I am particularly interested as I have four petricola, I bought one pair from two separate breeders, and one pair are quite a bit darker than the other ones...

What makes you say this? I'm not too cluey on synodontis but popped up to Reef today and noticed the petricola and ilebrevis are very similar, only the ilebrevis were a little darker in colour. Are they a strain which originally derive from petricola perhaps? I am particularly interested as I have four petricola, I bought one pair from two separate breeders, and one pair are quite a bit darker than the other ones...

:) This link might be to your liking then....

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...m.php?news=1193

oh yeah,, :roll talkers are $24.95 and the Agamyxis pectinifrons are $100 ea or 2 for $180 if memory serves me well...

petricola and the minature polli (Synodontis ilebrevis) are $25-$30 :wub

Why thankyou :)

Yeh think ilebrevis were 25 or 30 and they had a deal if you bought two, they were like 4-6cm. The petricola were 20 or 25 and again a deal for two, but they were barely 1cm!! Cute though. The rest of them (except the multipunctatus - 4-6cm) were all 8cm+, I think. Haha.

Archived