worming of catfish

sicklidrus

hi guys,

has anybody had a scene where like other fish my catfishes are just n ot eating, i threw in some veg pellets and they showed no interest normally i used to have some albino b/n and once i threw in some food they just went straight for it, could it be that these catfishes are suffering from worm infestation, has anybody had any experiences they could perhaps share with me, has anybody tried de-worming them? any suggestions will be appreciated.

gus

If your catfish has worms the bellies normally blow up like a balloon. I had a worm run through my tank of long fins. I treated the worm by soaking the food in a bird wormer. I'd advise not doing this as I was not very sucessful. I'll be checking this thread to find better info them I'm able to give you. Basically good tank matenice has been successful in no more outbreaks.

ps. I only managed to save 6 out of 40 8cm albino lf :cryblow::lol4:

hi guys,

has anybody had a scene where like other fish my catfishes are just n ot eating, i threw in some veg pellets and they showed no interest normally i used to have some albino b/n and once i threw in some food they just went straight for it, could it be that these catfishes are suffering from worm infestation, has anybody had any experiences they could perhaps share with me, has anybody tried de-worming them? any suggestions will be appreciated.

gus

they could need worming. Its easy to do and safe. Have a look and see if you can see any red hair looking things hanging out there anus, if so they have camalanus worms, use avitrol plus bird wormer, liquid or capsule. (cheap too)

You could try rubbing garlic on their food, try zucchini. You could also try shelled peas which helps with constipation.

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

gus

they could need worming. Its easy to do and safe. Have a look and see if you can see any red hair looking things hanging out there anus, if so they have camalanus worms, use avitrol plus bird wormer, liquid or capsule. (cheap too)

You could try rubbing garlic on their food, try zucchini. You could also try shelled peas which helps with constipation.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your help thanks kindly will follow your suggestions

thaks

gus

Archived