cold water catfish

snoffncountry

• 3 months later...

Hoplo catfish is a good way to go

cheers

G'day Olde,

can you give me some more info on Hoplo for cold water, I thought they were 'tropical'.

Mine thrive in warmer water, but maybe I'm doing wrong, and want the best for my fish.

cheers

Why do you want a catfish??

If it's to clean up uneaten food or eat algae....goldfish do this quite well by themselves

They continually sift through substrate..... ;)

I would recommend that you buy a heater. Not only does it drastically increase your options iin terms of the types of fish you can keep, but it wiill also help your gold fish live long and prosper. Goldfish are prone to poor health at timess due to fluctuating temperatures, especially if kept in a room which is cold during the day, and then rapidly heated at night when the occupants get home! A heater stabilisess the temperature (although, as previously mentioned, it needn't be too warm).

• 2 weeks later...

Hoplo catfish is a good way to go

cheers

The hoplo cat can endure extreme low temp. but is best kept at 22 -27 degrees celcius, it breeds at 26*.

It comes from Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Fr Guiana, Matinique, Suriname, Trinidad, and Peru so cold water does make this fish so happy.

Archived