Tropheus Purchase

parrdog

G'Day again,

Thankyou to Dave who gave me some info on T. Moorii Moliro. At the moment I am thinking of going with 15-20 Moliros but before I make that crucial purchase I thought I should check out the availability of other varieties. Any info on whereabouts and prices of T. Moorii Mpulungu and Ilangi (juvies or adults) would be great. Thanks everyone,

Jamie.

PS I can see myself enquiring about other varieties in the near future, I hope that's OK. I tend to jibber on quite a bit about stuff.

Hi Jamie

Try putting a WTB post in the classifieds. Alternatively you could try speaking to Nigel or Jim on the forums. They'd be able to help you out with different variants of Tropheus.

Cheers

Paul

PS Welcome to Tropheus! - these buggers are by far one of the most exciting cichlids to keep. Just read up on the info before you take the dive.

HI Jamie and welcome to the forum biggrin.gif

If you want to use the classifieds you will have to complete THIS form and return it to an administrator to gain access.

Moliro, and Ilangi especially are difficult to come by sometimes and can be very pricey. Is this your first encounter with Tropheus? If so, then maybe something a bit more common would be more suitable as they aren't a fish that everyone can keep with great success.

Good luck in your search.

Hi parrdog!

Glad to give you advice! I have heard Nkonde yellows are quite popular at the moment but you are looking at $100+ EACH!!! I just purchased some Ilangis for $150 each ~6cm. So if you are starting out with Tropheus try something less costly so that if you loose any, it won't be so painful!!

Thanks Dave and Anita,

I'll take the advice about the pricey factor on board although it won't dull my enthusiasm to learn and get into these little champions. Also, it will be cool to check out the classifieds- thanks for the info on how to register. It's so great to get all this advice at your fingertips. In other words, this is one pretty stoked new member,

Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

I have F1 mpulungu & F1 nkonde fry from wildcaught parents atm can email u pics if interested,post here or send PM.

cheers

Archived