Golden Suckling Catfish Dissapeared

Bonjour

I had this little uniquely coloured suckling catfish, with only his head gold and the rest of his body black (kinda deformed but I loved him as he was the life of the tank). He is/was about 2 inches long, biggest fish in the tank is probably only around 2.5-3 inches (solo black convict).

I moved some things around, and whacked in some new little cichlids I got (half his size). I can't remember if I saw him this morning, but I'm going to say I did subconsciously because otherwise I would have noticed he was missing.

Anyways, just noticed he is nowhere to be seen....I took everything out in the tank and still, can't find him. Ran fingers through the rocks on the bottom, no sign? Possible that the cichlids could have eaten him in less than < 3-4 hours? I dont think he jumped out because I can't find him anywhere and I just cleaned my room.

The tank; Aquaone AR980 (215L, curved glass front, filter above the tank). The output funnel is big enough for him to swim up but its pretty powerful and I have never seen him go near it, so I doubt he's up there.

Any ideas/recounts would be greatly appreciated, the missus is spewing!

prob your convict ate it and shred it too peaces, i had two gold baloon sucking cats in my african tank smaller one and they were gone within a day.I saw some left overs of the catfish laying around but eventually it all dissapeard

prob your convict ate it and shred it too peaces, i had two gold baloon sucking cats in my african tank smaller one and they were gone within a day.I saw some left overs of the catfish laying around but eventually it all dissapeard

The thing is, I've never seen anything go near it. And he was probably the same length as the Convict :S

The thing is, I've never seen anything go near it. And he was probably the same length as the Convict :S

hmmmm suss, maybe it attacked behind the decorations or something, convicts defently ate it, when i first kept fish i had goldfish and my mate gave me 2 convicts smaller then the gold fish, i didnt know much about fish then, as soon as i put them together the convicts were gang banging the gold fish and then i returned the convicts to my mate

Archived