knife fish in oz?

gianniz

well i like knife fish :) and was wondering which ones have swam across the oceans to reach oz?

i have seen the following.

-ghost knife (gold, black form)

-brown knife (5-6years ago but haven't seen it since)

-royal/clown knife (i think someones breeding them in oz)

anyone else seen any other types?

(well thats what I was told)

Someone is telling you Porky Pies mate, as stated a number of wholesalers operate supplying to NSW lfs from Vic/Qld and here in NSW too.

My mates store had browns in for ages but there was little interest in them so he sold them off at or below cost to free up tanks. I can check with him today to see what supplier had them and let you know if you like.

Cheers,

Brett

definitely. I goto central coast atleast once amonths for fishing so, yes please.

they aren't the cutest fish (I have seen them) but I want some unusual fish. I was putoff buying them when I had the chance 3-4years ago but I was told they are bloody aggressive, however thanks to the internet I know that the LFS guy didn't know what he was talking about (though he could have been talking about conspecific aggression as with most electric fish)

(well thats what I was told)

Someone is telling you Porky Pies mate, as stated a number of wholesalers operate supplying to NSW lfs from Vic/Qld and here in NSW too.

My mates store had browns in for ages but there was little interest in them so he sold them off at or below cost to free up tanks. I can check with him today to see what supplier had them and let you know if you like.

Cheers,

Brett

Archived