Stocking a 6x2x2

electricyellowz

Hey guys,

I am converting my 6x2x2 over to a tropical tank with Cardinals, Blue Rams, Rummynoses, some Geos, aspitogramma and a bunch of various catfish.

I am stuck though on what other smallish tropicals to get to stock the tank as I only have 20 or so cardinals and the same of that of Rummynoses. I want other schooling fish for the tank so I am thinking hatchetfish but what other sorts of tetras etc would look nice in there??

The tank will have lots of driftwood+anubis and the substrate will be the good ole river gravel! The tank is fully cycled and has 3 1200+lph canister filters on it and I will probably hide a few large sponge filters in ther aswell. I am doing this as I am aiming to stack this full of fish (only small schooling ones of course).

Please give me some suggestions on what I should get!

Thanks alot,

Ben

P.S. I will also have some tangs forsale if anyone has some nice tropicals/catfish too swap or I will sell outright.

What about some glass cats? They love being in a shoal. One of the best schooling fish you can get. Get about 10-20 and you have one the best schools going. They may get a little bigger than what you are after. But in a school in a big tank, they are something else. They will be sure to attract attention. There is also the emperor tetra. Not the most schooling tetra by any means, but they are quite spectacular with their elegant fins and colouration. Some black neons might look good too... contrasting with the cardinals.

Cheers,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also recently have set up a 6 x 2 x 2 with driftwood and planted. I used congo tetras and Doesmani Rainbows as dithers for my tank, as I couldn't use small tetras as these would become fish food at night for my BGK, these have worked a treat, they have nice colour and actually school together. And get to a decent size as the tank was looking a bit empty. Good luck with the tank and let us know what you decide on.

Black phantom and or Rosy tetras....are great in a school

Bleeding heart tetras are a bit bigger

Hatchetfish would be good as they will stay near the surface

HARLEQUIN RASBORA

CHECKERBOARD CICHLID (D. FILAMENTOSA) are a non aggressive dwarf that are spectacular in a planted tank

GOLDEN HEAD DWARF CICHLID (N anomala) is anther spectacular dwarf

Archived