Peppermints Fry

samzola

Hi All

Could anybody please tell me whats the best way to keep peppermint fry,i have a trio & they have breed twice now the first time had around 30-40 fry.I had put them in a fry saver till they where about 1cm,then i had put them in a 2ft tank with common B/noses & i have notice i have less after a couple of weeks.

I have my second batch just now still with the trio swimming around as i am running out of room, are they ok to stay or has anybody have any ideas to save my peps.

Thanks Sam

It is best to keep them with the parents for at least a month, this allows for them to get healthy bacteria into their system.

Also peps are not as tough as CBN so it is best not to move them to a different tank as that in itself will cause half to die.

good luck

It is best to keep them with the parents for at least a month, this allows for them to get healthy bacteria into their system.

Also peps are not as tough as CBN so it is best not to move them to a different tank as that in itself will cause half to die.

good luck

I have found this to be very true, the Ancistrus sp. 3 grow much faster than the juvie pepps and often out compete them for food, if it is possible leave them in the tank with the parents unless other tank inhabitants make this impossible.

I have found that they dont take major water changes very well either, and where my sp. 3 fry and juvies eat damn near anything in their path, the pepp fry tend to bloat if they hit too heavy a protein diet quickly.

Just a few observations from my colonies anyway, not gospel by any means, good luck with the new batch :thumb

Regards,

Brett

Archived