Peppermint Breeding

snoffncountry

Hi All,

I have four peps that are of breeding size and would be greatful for any info as to what I need to do to get them breeding. I have them in the same sort of conditions as my albino's and my albino's are breeding like nothing else and I only have a pair. My peps are about 7-9cm in length and I have one male(9cm) and two females around the 7-8cm mark so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

George and Kim

Hi mate, do a search on here, there is plenty of info on conditioning, decor, current etc to get these guys breeding, if all else fails have a look-see over on plecofanatics. The topic has been covered numerous times there too.

Once they start though they are very easy to breed :thumbup:

Regards,

Brett

yeah they are very hard to breed. Reason is simple. Due to the fact peps look and act similar to normal bristlenose (which have been tank bred for generations). People thought of them as prettier bristlenose.

We now know that there are couple of different types of peps in australia.

They take 2-3years for sexual maturity (though with lots of newer generations seem to sexually mature much earlier).

Boys have definite heirachy system where sometimes sub domination males can look and act like a female.

There could be more but thats all i can think of for now :)

7-8cm should be about a 1 1/2years old?? pics would helps us sex your peps :)

goodluck and be paitent :)

Archived