Gorgeous krib lady

fiona

These are two pictures of Daniel's female krib. She's pretty darn nice eh? Check out the depth and richness of colour, the shape, the spotting, and the red edge on that dorsal fin.

He's looking for a male krib to breed with, that is worthy of her. She was bred by Thomas and is descended from Simon's kribs.

If you can help him out please contact him.

Daniel, please post in this thread so people can contact you! smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks for posting these pics Fiona !

The second pic has a bit of a plant shadow around her head. The pics have not been enhanced in any way.

She currently lives in a 200 litre community planted tank and actually looks like that all the time. She virtually has a permanent spawning dress on. If anyone has a 'special' male or who would like to do a loan/swap or whatever, please let me know. Off course, the species is Pelvichromis pulcher as apposed to taeniatus or subocellatus etc.

I've got a male krib looking for a female krib to breed with either! laugh.gif He has just lost his "wife" yesterday due to his aggressive behaviour on making her to lay eggs when she hasn't ready for it....I've already seperated them into 2 tanks few weeks ago, but the female was so stress and refused to eat, so finally...she died yesterday morning.. sadsmiley02.gif

Here are some pics of my male krib that i took recently (around 3 weeks ago), the last pic was took in last November, note that he has now developed few more spots on his edge of the tail~ cool.gif He has breeded 4 times within 5 months and now the kids are still in my fry tank...

If Daniel is interested in letting him to breed with his female krib, I wouldn't mind to make some arrangments to see how they goes. wink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Cheez,

Heidi wub.gif

Richard, boy and girl kribs look very different. So that sex difference is what you are seeing. Krib boys have the longer fins and are larger. Krib girls tend to be more vividly coloured.

BTW, those photos are of Daniel's female krib. wink.gif

ohmy.gif Wow, that is one nice looking female krib... ohmy.gif that is one awesome male krib! lol, i'm serious.. that male krib looks awesome, Just a lucky pick or was he line bred?

I'm just curious exactly, what you look for to tell if it's a good krib to breed again or to sell or what not...

What a good male krib should have:

What a good female krib should have:

(I just wanna hear what you all think you should look for in a good krib breeding stock,)

Mine doesn't look that good sad.gif But i'm going to try abit of line breeding for awhile plus add a few bloodlines to the mix and hopefully i'll have a nice stock by next year *fingers crossed*

Cheers Cameron, btw i love how yous are trying to fix up the Kribs, smile.gif

Thankyou guys~ biggrin.gif

My male krib is not line bred (well....at least I wasn't the one who bred it...), I just went to a LFS and bought a pair home in early September last year. When he was in that LFS, he used to be the most good looking male in that tank...and that's why i bought him home.. smile.gif

Now he is a real big young male that always show-off his body shape and fins... dry.gif But the bad news is that he has killed the female when he was forcing her to mate with him... I like the female krib very much as well!!! She was a very good mother that look after her babies very carefully... sadsmiley02.gif

Btw, I've got some juveniles for sale on the next few months (hopefully).... rolleyes.gif They are around 0.8 - 2.0cm ATM and I noticed that the bigger ones are showing some signs of being male kribs. If anyone is interested in getting some, please PM me and drop me your contact details in the message. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived