NSWCS web page/xmas?

fiona

im interested to know if they have a jumping castle for the kids or some other activity, as last year there wasnt anything at all :) for the kids other then SANTA offcourse .

cheers

Hi David

well at this late stage chances of finding a jumping castle are slim as most companies would be booked out now, i guess you might have more luck with a face painter that would at least keep the kids entertained for a short while.

cheers

Sarah

You never know your luck. My thoughts on face painting is that you can only keep one kid occupied at once with them. Maybe a clown or something if no castle? We definitely need something for the kids I reckon.

what about a clown who makes things out of balloons and a face painter that would keep them entertained for a bit. No i dont know anyone in either profession however im sure you might get a mum or two that might volunteer for the face painting job.

cheers

Hi all ,

My understanding is that ANITA has organised a castle and a face painter ,maybe that should make a few of you happier :D ,as there was nothing at all for the kids last year except Santa :p

Although it is a Xmas party i dont really feel it is the obligation of the club to entertain and control the children. :)

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Anita is BRILLIANT!!!! :):

Great news that there are entertainments for the kids. I agree that it's not the club's responsibility to control kids. However in that kids are encouraged to come along to this meeting (or that is what I surmise, since Santa is bringing them pressies, and very nice pressies at that if last year's are anything to go by), it's a nice idea for the kids and their parents if there is entertainment for the kids. Anyone who has kids knows how hard it can be to keep them diverted for a few hours if it's only/mostly adult stuff happening, and while it's possible, it can be a challenge to keep them out of other adult's hair and so on, and doing so can also reduce the enjoyment for the parents. So while I agree that it's not the responsibility, it's a very nice idea, much appreciated, and may induce some parents to come along with their kids who might otherwise have stayed at home. :p :p :^:

Hi Mark,

Great thanks :^: . I know how hard it can be for busy people to keep a club website updated - I do one myself for one of my dog clubs.

I dunno troopers? If you are all members of the club, and these members have kids, then i think it is the clubs responsibility to help keep em entertained! Otherwise the members of the club wouldn't be able to get together!

Anyhoo, i thought most clowns/face painters did all the same thing, there's a couple up here who are clowns, they do parties/whatever and hire themselves out on the basis they keep kids busy! I don't know if they'd travel to Sydney, but their business is to keep kifds out of their parents hair at gatherings. I wish i could let you know their name but i only know their real names.

Hi Guys & Gals -

I think Kev's comment may have needed a few more emoticons :D. While it certainly isn't the responsibilty of the club to control children of members - it is a family society and kids have been thought about in the planning of the xmas meeting.

After all - we adults (well, me and you adults) need to be able to have a good chat :).

Mark and I will get to updating the website asap - I'll take my camera also and post some pics of the day on the web.

:D, Cheers -

David and

Archived