L46 Death

gianniz

well aftering going through the FAQ section i found my zebs had very similar if not same symptom as this.

Ichthyobodo necatrix, (Costia necatrix)

it effect my fish 1 at a time for some reason but once one died the other will get it and it followed.

it had like visible red skin flaking etc (still ate food) and then it will get like hole in the head (where it would turn into white fungus and eventually die).

I tried all sort of medicine and even done some operation, as to catch it and lightly brush the effected after with medicine and wiping off the fungus etc.. nothing worked.

Only if I knew about this

http://www.aceforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=17541

i might have been able to save my zebs.

4 :( 2 boys 2 girls. i guess when it happened i didn't panic and just thought bit of medication will work. i bought every kind of medication but didn't work.

i wasn't that upset cause of the money (during the time i was making alot) but the fact i spent almost 2 years trying to breed them and just how powerless I was to stop it from spreading to other fish etc.... (i only had 1 tank)

though if something like this ever happens again, I wil be knocking on every single nswcs members asking for help :)

Archived