how hevy is my 6x2x2

sean

Hi everyone

Just wanted to see if anyone can help me with something ???

ok here we go..... i have just recently aquired a new 6x2x2 with cabinet stand (no hood) and i really wanna put this 1 in my house instead of garage . only thing im worried about is that my house is a off the ground floorboarded foundation house and i am worried about the weight factor of the tank . and the fact that the weight of tank could put a bow in the floor (cracking my tank) .......

i mean my floorboards aint like real old n creaky or anything .....

anyways what you guys rekon i should do ??

i did get under there and i have tried to work out where the main beams are in my house but it its hard to do for someone with such a small brain capacity :blink

any help would be greatly appreciated

damm :( thats pretty hevy

dunno if my floor will hold it ..........

i was thinking of getting under there and jacking the floor up a little and stacking some bessa blobks under where i wanna put the tank ?

what you guys think ? should helpa little hey

jason (yellow) on this forum mentioned in another thread that you can buy some form of supporting from bunnings. All you need is a solid base to put the support on then you jack it up under the beams. Do a search and it should come up. He says he has a tank that i think was a 6x2x2 with a large sump with the extra support and he has no issues.

i got under the house and had a look today , the floor is about 50-65cm off the ground and it is a older house with like brick pillar/foubndations spread about 2 metres apart with 4x6 running alon beams with floor boards on that i was tihnking of getting under there and jacking up floor a little and putting my own bessa block pillars where i want the tank

i might look into there floor bracers that you jack up but they sound alot better

Archived