My Red-Collared Lorikeet ~ Cheeky

azzah

Aptly named :) love that first shot!

Yeah his name really matches his personality. I've taught him to wolf whistle whenever he hears my girlfriend get in the shower. He is also very funny when it comes to occasionally coming in bed with us while we watch TV, he gets his body under the doona and put his head on the pillow and sleeps next to me and gets very cranky when I wake him up to put him in his cage.

He is also a bit of a fish lover as well, when I hold him in front of the tank all the fish come over to see him and he tries to lick them through the glass.

Is he a good squirter. lol.

What have you got him feeding on? If you have him feeding on any one of the ranges of powder or wet powder mixes and you find he is squirting too much try him on some vetefarm nectar pellets.

They really cut down the squirting heaps and are an all round diet for the lorries. Give them fresh fruit and veg as well of course.

Cameron

Yeah he is a good squirter. But we have him pretty much trained to squirt before we get him out of his cage. He has a very good mixed diet of wet and dry food as well as fresh apples/peaches/corn/broccoli etc and his personal favourite strawberry jam sandwiches and he also love Mcdonalds fries which he gets once in awhile

He will get fat if you keep giving him fries.

Cameron

lol I hope not. He is lucky if he gets them once a month and when he does get them he only gets like 1 or 2 chips and he really only takes 2-3 bites of them before accidently dropping them through the bottom of the cage after which we throw them out

Archived