HELP! Horrid AC500 motor noise!

fiona

A horrible grinding noise has started in my AC500 motor. There is a kind of rattle there all the time. And in irregular intervals, the cycle a few seconds, a kind of grindy buzzy noise. The motor is vibrating. It's still pumping water.

I just turned it off and pulled it apart ... there is nothing in it ... the filter wasn't due to be cleaned out or very dirty or anything ... there was no sand anywhere down the impeller shaft or anything ... washed it all out anyway ... put it back together ... horrid noise still there.

What should I do? I need this filter! What could be wrong?

It should be within warranty ... didn't get it long ago ... would it be a warranty job?

What the heck could be wrong with it?

Ouch!

I've got 2 AC500's both second hand (previous owners had them for years) and I haven't had any problems with them.

Cant't say much for my brand new AC300 though dry.gif (It has a similar problem although I did find something blocking the intake tube).

You said that it's still pumping water, is there a consistency with the water being taken in? If so your filter should be fine for a while I guess but it maybe a good idea to set aside some money for a new one if the need arises. Oops I didn't read the warranty part . blush.gif

Cheers

Paul

It's putting through plenty of water, no problems, everything is clean and the flow through is fine. Just the noise and the vibration.

I have just contacted the retailer (sent email) and will see if it's covered by warranty ... it's not very old ... about 6 months since purchase ...

Agree with Nigel, I have a similar problem with my AC300, it needs a new impellor. They cost around $15-$17. I think the problem will be that the impellor has some clearance around the pin it sits on. It should be a tight fit with no clearance.

Resun and Hailea are covered under warranty. Most importers will replace them its just good public relations.

Fiona take it back to where you got it from and let them worry about. If you have only had it for a few months then its there problem not yours.

I think it is the impeller now that I have been guided to take a closer look in that direction by everybody. It fits the descriptions of what could be going on. THANKS! for your help everyone. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I got the filter from Ben. smile.gif I think a new impeller will be the way to go. Ben, I will confirm by email. Is there a place on your website to order one?

I have to say, if the impeller is all that is the problem, then I am relieved. That is pretty minor. I was having all sorts of horrible thoughts last night.

Nigel, Resun don't honour a faulty impeller. I bought a brand new King 6 and within 3 months had gone through 2 impellers (the plastic fins snapped on both). There was no chance of an obstruction causing the breakages. I ended up buying a whole new magnet, shaft and blade setup and it's been going fine for the past month.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that manufacturers don't provide warranty for impellers (at least for 3-6 months). My impeller was obviously faulty, and $70 later (on top of the original pump purchase), I have a pump that works (for now).

I won't be buying another resun water pump that's for sure, no matter how well it works from here in.

Thay do if you would have got it from Nijimi. Those king pumps have a 2 year warranty on them so the impeller is covered. How do i know this because i do all Nijimis warrentys and we have not had to replace one. I have a pump that is the same as king made by the same company its 8000 l/h and i got the impeller replaced under warranty. So i think you better ask a few questions.

Andy yes thay do have a warrenty on the impeller.

Archived