BN or Marbled BN?

jonnytw

Hi all,

Need some help with this one. Im not entirely sure if this male BN is indeed a Marbled BN or not. I have included some pics so that hopefully the experts (you) can clarify it for me.

Cheers,

Jonny

IPB Image

IPB Image

It looks like a common bn with different markings (substrate/mood etc causes this) Imo it is not a marble as it does not have much if any orange in it. can you take a photo of its underside as that will help alot. But it could also just be a poorly coloured marble.

Ben

G'day

I will go with Ben on this one. It looks just like a common bristlie that has for whatever reason changed his colouring. I have numerous commons that do this.

If is was sold to use as a marble, then you were sold some of extremely poor quality.

cya

Matthew

In the above pictures it appears to be a marble, however after viewing the picture in your FS thread I'm going with just a common bristlenose. My bristlenose also do the same thing, it just however looks in the above pictures slightly different to the norm. (Lighting I'd say)

I also hope you asked this on another forum - you state in your FS that its been confirmed marble. In this thread i was out voted - and by one person who has probably seen enough marble BN to last a lifetime!

Sam.

Thanks for the reply guys its really helping.

A couple things:

- the actual BN is more orange as the photo suggests as it has been washed out by the camera's flash

- he is always 'mottled' (as in the large patterns are permanent on him) and it does not change ie dissappear/reappear

Any more ideas?

Archived