Those yanks have got it good!

oakes

As an American cichlid fan i have just been browsing this breeder/importer's website and drooling.

I found his stocklist amazing, alot of species i had never even heard of.

http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/

One query, if anyone has the time to check - has anyone ever seen any of the Thorichthys species shown in the photo gallery for sale in Aus?

Glenn

Holy crap! Thats an awesome line up of species....hmm the aussie dollar is going okay, wonder if it is time to move state side.

I have often wondered if AQIS is all bum about so to speak, I mean if the opened up the floodgates and allowed more fish in legally, therefore going through what ever Q periods are required would stop the illegal trade and most likely reduce the chance of diseases, then it's just the irresponsible keepers that need to be worried about.

Jeff Rapps rocks. I love the pikes he has in stock, and his Oreochromis tanganicae are awesome. What about Sewelia lineolata, the Vietnamese "Gold ring butterfly pleco". How cool are they ?

Bretto.

yep ill migrate, overthere .....and then ill migrate back with some rare species shoved down me undies!!!

i suppose thats not migrating, thats smuggling :lol3:

even to be able to drive to where you can catch em yourself....ah well! this is still the best country on earth, even if our local fish lack the colour of the imports...you realy wouldnt want live anywhere else would ya???

yep ill migrate, overthere .....and then ill migrate back with some rare species shoved down me undies!!!

even to be able to drive to where you can catch em yourself....ah well! this is still the best country on earth, even if our local fish lack the colour of the imports...you realy wouldnt want live anywhere else would ya???

yep i agree, plus living over there would mean having to put up with all those yanks...oops..is that racist? Too late..i said it.

By the way, thanks for that image of a live animal stuffed down the undies of someone named fishguts! :blink

Damn tootin this is the best country on earth. The imports are prettier than the locals (am I on the right forum?!), but I'll wager $50 on a Mangrove Jack vs any cichlid in a one one brawl. Local fish may lack colour, but they do have attitude in spades!

I have plenty more...hehehhe I'll pm ya if you like.

Cheers

send them on through!

I use to have a lot of pics of fish on my computer and then it was stolen... I bet the guy that stole it must have thought I was some sort of weirdo when he found them. :lol1:

Archived