9 watt UV-C filter

Aquaholic

Anyone use the above filter (internal) and do they work. They usually sell for around $50 - $60. How would you know if they are killing bad bacteria? How would you know if they are filtering all your tanks water if you have other filters as well.

Nb: I am not knocking them. I bought one the other day (spur of the moment) and I wonder if I should have saved my money for something better? and more expensive / better quality.

hey mate i'am not sure if i have the same one as you, i have a AA internal uv-c, works pretty well i once had some juv peacock bass that got white spot, was treating them with temp, salt, and ickaway for a aout a week with less the good results, i then added the uv-c that i had forgot about and was in the cupboard, with a few days results started to show, and now they are white spot free

thanks for the reply. I got a Blue Planet UView Aquarium Purifier 9 Watt. Its an internal filter and has a low flow rate of 140l ph. I havent got any fish with diseases or anything just thought I'd buy one.

Archived