what to keep with, and where to get a healthy Betta

Leone

so, I have not had much luck with Betta's in the past (have only been keeping fish for about 6 months).

I seem to get my Bettas when they are almost passed their use by date and as such their demise is sooner rather than later :angry: .

So, does anyone know a reputable breeder or store that I can get a healthy young male fish on the North East area of Victoria?

I have just got a 24Litre tank, with filter (am getting heater on the weekend), and would love to put a Betta in it with others... any suggestions what would be suitable to put with him in a tank that size..

cheers

Leone

• 4 years later...

hey leone,

how was the water you used for your bettas? they like acidic soft water as the alkaline could burn their fins, kind of like discus. also the food you feed them is very important. they go nuts for mosquito larvae or you can give them brine shrimp. i feed mine once per 2 days to avoid bloat!

finally more and more shops are getting special setups that enable both water circulation, filtration and heating for their bettas, i'd reccomend buying from one of these as the fish generally seem healthier in these setups than the jars on the bench

Archived