Saltwater Fish in Sydney

duck

St George is certainly worth it, they had a beautiful BIG mandarin goby there for $60 last time! i think i almost died on the spot!

Also try Aqualife in Wentworthville. Very nice setups smile.gif a bit on the $$ side, but hey smile.gif

And if you KNOW what you are looking for, you might have a bit of luck with live rock at Windsor Koi Hatchery. I wouldnt go with their fish tho, every time i go there something has a bite mark in it.

yeah i saw that green mandarinfish hiding near live rock. did you see the archiles tang for $250 in the next tank? its a very nice fish...but i want to start off with easier and cheaper fish.

hi duck

you can try www.docksidemarine.com.au. also mr marine at guilford[in yellow pages] be sure to visit OZ REEF Marine Park. i also have marine tanks. take your time in setting up,you can't rush s/water. enjoy you're new venture. look outside the square in the search for supplies and livestock. regards colfish

Thanks all the replies guys....

I'll take my time before setting it up .... research and research ... better safe then sorry i guess tongue.gif. This will be 3x2x2 FOWLR tank with standard 3' tank as sump, have most gears ready except tank+cabinet err maybe decent skimmer.

Any used marine salt from Ben? It a very good deal .... 20kgs for $50 ...

Dan

If you are in the city, Paramount Aquarium in Willoughby Rd, Willoughby, is a strictly marine shop. Can't comment on their quality, as I don't do marines. Hi Tek in Pymble does marine as well.

It's one of those things; I'm actually against marines, as I SCUBA dive and see a lot of those marines in their natural environment (the marine setups I've seen are no where close to the natural ecosystem). Hence my not keeping marines.

But I keep tropicals; go figure! blush.gif

hey duck

i'm setting up my first marine tank as well. i'm going for a 80L soft coral reef tank. Don't know what AoA's salt is like but if you are only going FOWLR the i think most comercial salt mixes will probally do. apparently the best brands are Coralife and Instant ocean. Red seat salt is also spose to be good.

I have bought alot of stuff like books, salt, skimmer etc from Reef online and they have been fantastic to deal with. My live rock is comming from Reef Culture, i got a 20Kg box of premium live rock from them on special for $8.25/Kg. I have also heard that live rock from Angelfish and Oceanarium is really good and are good prices too.

I just ordered some stuff today from Age of Aquariums today and now i think i have everything.

If you haven't already visited Reefing The Australian Way forum i would highly recomend it. i have learnt heaps and they have pointed me in the right direction when i have asked questions, much like the people here hug.gif

cheers

James

I saw those mandarins at St George last weekend. wow, wow, wow! What an amazing looking fish. Enough to make a fellow get a bag of salt and dump it in his tropical tank! wink.gif

What an amazing looking fish. Enough to make a fellow get a bag of salt and dump it in his tropical tank! wink.gif

Too bad you'd have to have your tank fully established before you can add them. Could you wait for well over a year to two years before you could add such a delecate little fish? i know im having trouble wink.gif

Nikki

That is the trouble with damb marine tanks. sooo much time goes into planning and then even once it is set up there is still heaps of waiting. i'm impatiant but i keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end, oh yeah they are fantastic financial black holes - i am forever spending money on stuff for my tank

Cheers

James

Archived