how many heaters for a 6x2x2

big stu

I've got an Aqua One 200W on my 550L but I'll be upgrading to an Eheim Jager 300 when I get a chance. All of these heater jamming threads make me scared to not have the best.

Hi

It is not as much as the brand (reliability) but on the difference between the ambient temperature and the required temperature.

The below link will help you determine the amount of heating you require

http://boonedocks.net/fishtank/ftweb.php

It is no use putting in a 300w heater if your ambient temperature is 25 decrees or above.

I myself have a 300w x 2 in my sump but this does not mean anything. Only that I did not do my research.

Have a look

Michiel

I only use Jager and Tronic heaters. I don't know how reliable Tronic's are, but they hold the temperature well, cost more than most others, and haven't failed me yet.... (touches wood)

I use aqua ones in the fish room and they seem fine. But they are not heating the water much since they are suplementing the fat that i heat the room. I have hd one tronic before that failed me after around 2years but I think I had some dumb fish that actually may have contribuited to it but ramming the thing. I also have 3 sera that I am yet to use but are spares for now. I think that I will grab one or 2 jagers to see how they go on the display tanks.

cheers

rosco

Hey mate. If you get down to Pet barn figtree they have a massive price reduction on their Eheim Jager heaters. they had all sizes. the 300 watt was like 30$!!!! they are in a box just inside the main door. i would have brought one but ive already got a few spare ones. :)

Cheers

Archived