Pond canister filter!

mitch1983

Have two 6x2x2 tanks on a metal stand, one sits above the other! The top tank has a weir.

Was looking on the Reef shop site and spotted the Pressure Flow Pond external canister filter!! It has a flow rate of 8000l/h. Can i use this to filter the two tanks?? What i mean is what modification to the internals would i need to do??? Would the addition of some bio material such as matrix and maybe changing the filter mating to a finer grade make it ok??

The canister would push the filtered water up to the top six footer and down via the weir to the bottom six footer and back into the canister!!!

I know its for a pond!! But it can't be that Different!

Any views very welcome!!! Thanks Mitch

Was looking on the Reef shop site and spotted the Pressure Flow Pond external canister filter!! It has a flow rate of 8000l/h.

Most pond filters have no pump. You have to buy one.

I have an Oase Filtoclear3000/Aquamax6000 combination on my 5x2x2 tropheus display tank.

It works really well, is very quiet and is very low on power consumption for the flow rate.

The filter's backflush function is very useful.

I do use an additional canister (Rena XP2) fully loaded up with Matrix for bio filtration.

Cheers,

Was looking on the Reef shop site and spotted the Pressure Flow Pond external canister filter!! It has a flow rate of 8000l/h.

Most pond filters have no pump. You have to buy one.

I have an Oase Filtoclear3000/Aquamax6000 combination on my 5x2x2 tropheus display tank.

It works really well, is very quiet and is very low on power consumption for the flow rate.

The filter's backflush function is very useful.

I do use an additional canister (Rena XP2) fully loaded up with Matrix for bio filtration.

Cheers,

Hmmm i'm going to look into this a bit more and see if i can make it happen :thumb

Archived